Friday, December 15, 2017

Be Funky





If there's one thing I've learned about fashion, it's to be fearless. Nowadays, sometimes us girls disregard this because its societally easier to conform to one way and stick to the basic trends. What I think is sad, is that we are constantly going through Instagram, Facebook and other social media and end up wishing we could wear what the models are wearing, but never feel like we can. We make excuses like “Oh they’re bold, blah blah.” I say stop wishing and just do! Be yourself. Who said you can't wear what those models wear? If people want to comment on what you've chosen to wear so be it. I got laughed at for buying these frayed, flower decal jeans at first. But guess what? Now almost everyone asks me where I got them from because they realized that it's a unique and fun style, especially because of how I paired it. I chose to wear this white ribbed long sleeve top and accessorized with a a turquoise stone embellished metal belt. I decided on this belt because a) it was notable/would stand out, b) it really brought out the color of the shirt without washing it out, and c) it gave me that flared shape. Finally, I topped the whole outfit with a simple pair of glossy eggshell pointed heels and a few rings to again bring out the white color.


You don't have to go wild with colors to stand out, all you need to do is play around with textures and materials so that your style shows intricacy and its own uniqueness. I simply kept the white and blue aesthetic and experimented with the accessorization portion, then for a pop of color; the classic deep red lip. 



xoxo, Yasmeena 





Top- White House Black Market
Jeans- Zara
Shoes- Mix No. 6








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yasmeena Ghazal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig