Friday, December 15, 2017

Coffee Date? What To Wear: The Smart Look



These are some of the easy ways to look cute yet be taken seriously on your next date! Before I get into that however, I have some ground rules for you:

1) Dress comfortably- meaning you feel like yourself at all times
2) Compromise your own "smart" look- don't feel obligated to look exactly as I do in regards to my apparel below
3) Dressing smart enhances your confidence- so FEEL GOOD with what you're wearing or else it negates rule number 1^^



Okay now that that's out of the way, let's lay out what you can actually do. I'd say start off with a "foundation" and work off of that with layers. What I did here was start off with a simple pair of dark wash jeans and a Polo shirt. To elevate the style, I chose to throw over a sweater and pair this with a classic chunky velvet heel. Even though that was enough to achieve the look, I wanted to take it up a notch. This is where all my accessories came in. Nothing, and I mean nothing (in my opinion) says classy like pearls. After all, pearls were passed down and worn by royalty ;) When I see pearls, they remind me of elegance, innocence, and femininity; which I think are essential elements in acquiring the perfect "smart glam." Additional to the pearls, I wore a watch, a ring, and finally finished off the outfit with a nude based purse and my prescription glasses. 

You can do a variety of things to get your signature look. Maybe pair a cardigan with a button down and knee high boots. Another idea you can apply is to dress up a basic cardigan with a detailed eyelash lace tank top tucked into skinny jeans with a belt and small clutch. Correspondingly, I believe that the key to a well-put-together outfit looking as presentable as possible is by accessorizing. After choosing your outfit, make sure to accessorize, giving that classy vibe. Have fun experimenting! I'm sure you'll find something as beautiful as you are.

xoxo, Yasmeena 



Top- Polo Ralph Lauren
Sweater- Ann Taylor
Jeans- FashionNova 
Bag- Michael Kors



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yasmeena Ghazal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig